Friday 29 June 2007

word of the day

insouciance

- Carelessness, indifference, unconcern.

This is definitely how I am feeling today. Fortunately, it is Friday, and I have a large glass of wine and a sewing machine waiting for me at home.

Tonight I am going to work on my japanese wall hanging, although it isn't working out quite as neatly as I hoped, as I used the wrong (more than 1/4 inch) foot on the machine for the first 10 patches or so. Oh dear. Still, wonky can be cool too!

I'm going to make a start on this lovely 'bagsket' this weekend to use up a little of my fabric stash, and I'd really like to finish my knitted tea cosy (and buy a tea pot to put it over - its a little smaller than I thought it would be!).

I've also started thinking about Christmas (already - eek!). I've just found these pretty gingham themed Christmas goodies from Cambric & Cream - and my mind is ticking over creatively quite nicely ...

Oh, and I have a jumble sale to go to tomorrow morning - hoorah!

No comments: